Skip to main content

From Restlessness to Fatherless

Hey guys...
2:58 AM, Friday, 20 October, 2017
Have you ever felt so tired that you couldn't even fall asleep? Well this is the first time I stayed up this late in a very long time, I normally only stay up this late during school holidays. It is probably these Otees that I am eating right now. The latest that I normally stay up until is like around 12 AM, sometimes 12:30 AM. I admit that I might have a sleeping problem, but I really do not know what to do, I really try my best to try and sleep earlier but it is not working. Something keeps on sort of waking me up at night; but tonight is different, could it be because I was watching movies? Or could it just be because I was excited about seeing my friends tomorrow/today? I haven't been to school the 19th or yesterday so I was at home helping my mom with a couple of things and I was moving things around in my room, my room is kind of small though, not too small it's nice and cozy oh and I share my room with my little sister. Sometimes though it gets a little crammed (figuratively). I really wish that I get a new room to myself. My dad? His name is Angelo, he died about almost 2 years, when I was 15. My dad had a huge impact on my school life because he was the one who would help me with my tasks and other assignments. He wasn't the perfect dad but he helped me with everything he could, he even came to most of my rugby games , which was out of his way. Most parents won;t even bother with their children's extra-curricular activities but my father always tried to be at as many games as possible, yeah he couldn't be at my try-outs but he was at my first home game and at my first game as Western Province Scrum-half, I never really got the WP colors; because the couch didn't want me to play that much because at that time I was the smallest player on the field. After my dad had died I was in such a state that I did not want to do anything for a couple of weeks after that,I quit playing rugby and I never wanted to go out with my friends, I always stayed indoors, I also never really went to the library. It was a really difficult time for my mother, sister and myself. I miss him you know, it is really tough growing up without a father figure in the house.
3:49 AM

Alex out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleepover

Hey guys… The sleepover was hectically awesome; most of us were at the house by 19:00 then we had to fetch Tyrique at his house, then we played some games to pass some time and we had three packets of chips and three 2 liters of cool drinks but sadly that didn’t even last us until 00:00. So we had to eat biscuits, well I had eaten most of the biscuits. So the people that was there were Tatum (at her house), Tyrique, Kyle, Sholan, Chadwin, Dorian, Cade, Razaan and myself. But Razaan couldn’t sleep there because of reasons I am not able to discuss. It was awesome, we stayed up all night, except Kyle; he had gone to sleep so we did the only reasonable thing and put things on his face like lotion, roll-on and powder on his face, I don’t know why nobody wanted to draw on his face, because that was the thing to do if someone had slept, right? But he woke up like a couple of minutes after the lotion was on his face, then he never went back to sleep, Tatum’s mother came to check up on us

For Now

Hey guys... Welcome back to my blog “Life with Alex”, if this is your first time reading my blog, then I welcome you with open arms to my blog. Here I write about how my day was and also cool things that had happened during the day. I just want to say- Thank you guy's for everything, thank you for reading my posts. Subscribe so that you do not miss out on any future posts. And stay safe. Alex out.